[description from the Darkness to Light website: www.d2l.org]
As parents, you make choices every day to protect your kids. You cover them with sunblock in the summer to protect them from burns. You bundle them up in winter to protect them from the cold. You take them for vaccinations and pediatrician visits to ensure they grow up strong and healthy.
But how do you protect them from sexual abuse? You might think it can't happen in your family, town, or youth serving organizations. And that's what everyone likely thinks - until it happens.
The reality is, child sexual abuse is likely the most prevalent health problem children face, with the most serious array of consequences.
What is Stewards of Children?
- A program that addresses child sexual abuse in the context of today's issues.
- A program that features a combination of survivor stories, expert advice, and practical guidance.
- A program that shows you how a simple, 5-step approach can protect the children you love from sexual abuse.
What will I learn from taking Stewards of Children?
- You'll learn The 5 Steps to Protecting our ChildrenTM, and how they can be applied to keep kids safe.
- You'll learn how a few simple actions can have far-reaching positive effects.
- You'll leave with the understanding that child sexual abuse can be prevented, it can be stopped, and it can be overcome.